How to successfully travel to Thailand during COVID-19 pandemic
5 important things to help you get a Certificate of Entry (COE)
1. Flight booking confirmation
Flight booking confirmation is important for applying for Certificate of Entry (COE). You need to time your flight right because the Certificate of Entry may arrive more than two weeks after you fill out the application to be processed, so when choosing flights (and quarantine hotels), choose one that is at least 15 days out.
This long stay visa is open to foreign nationals traveling to Thailand with the intention to stay long term as tourist to boost the tourism industry. Those who are qualified, must get in touch with the local Tourism Authority of Thailand Office or Thai Embassy in their current location for more information.
2. Quarantine hotel confirmation
You must quarantine at a state approved “Alternative State Quarantine” hotel for 14 days after arrival. You cannot enter Thailand without proof of confirmation at one of the Alternative State Quarantine hotels. CLICK HERE for Check ASQ Hotels.
3. Medical insurance
Your insurance coverage must explicitly state every single one of the following:
- Covers COVID-19
- Covers illnesses in THAILAND
- Covers for specifically the dates in Thailand
- Covers 100,000 USD of medical expenses (or THB equivalent)
- Tune Insurance: TA Inbound For Foreign(VISA 100K USD) **Strat 3,500 THB / Month** THE BEST !
- LMG Insurance: My Elite COVID-19 **Strat 3,000 THB / Month**
- Pacific Cross Health Insurance: VISA FRIENDLY PLANS **Strat 22,132 THB / Year**
4. Printed results of a COVID-19 test using RT-PCR methods
The test of a COVID-19 test using RT-PCR methods needs to be taken within 72 hours of departure, so you must prepare for the right timing. If the test results are issued within 72 hours of your departure time, that is fine.
5. Fit to fly certificate
Your COVID-19 results will come out within a 72-hour window of your departure. Between then and departure, you need to visit a doctor and receive this signed “Fit to Fly” certificate signed.
At Masii, we have a potential team that can help you with process to issue exact insurance policy that could help you to successfully travel to Thailand during COVID-19 pandemic, please feel free to contact us.